Walter White's Last Meal of Hash Browns, Bacon & Eggs
This week on The Last Supper, we are focusing on the last meal of Walter White. The Breaking Bad protagonist enjoyed this last meal at a Denny's on his 52nd Birthday.
This birthday would prove to be his last, as later in the day he'd succumb to a bullet wound unintentionally caught buy Walt's own machine gun.
After breaking the bacon up and rearranging it into '52', just like Skylar used to do for him, he excused himself from his breakfast and purchased a machine gun which he later uses to free Jesse, kill Jack and end this amazing series once and for all.
To watch me recreate Heisenberg's last meal click here.
1 Large White Potato (like a Russet or a Yukon Gold)
1 tbsp Onion Granules
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tbsp all purpose flour
30g cheddar cheese
5 rashers of Streaky Bacon
1. Grate the washed potato and then place into a bowl of cold water. Wash the starch off the potato and then place into another bowl lined with a tea towel.
2. Wrap the potato in the tea towel and twist until most of the moisture has left the potato.
3. Heat 1/4 inch of olive oil into a pan and fry the potato for 3/4 minutes until just turning translucent then remove and leave to cool in a bowl.
4. Once the fried potato is cool, add in the onion granules, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until homogenous.
5. Add in the flour and cheese and mix to combine once more and then shape into a hash brown (You can see how I shaped it in the video here)
6. Heat the oil again and lay the hash brown away from you, frying for a few minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
7. Remove the hash browns and drain on paper towels.
8. Lay the rashers of streaky bacon into the oil and cook until crispy, again removing and draining on paper towels.
9. Crack the eggs into the oil and cook sunny-side up then plate with the bacon and hash brown.
10. Break the bacon up (a lot harder than Walt makes it)
11. Enjoy & buy a machine gun to release Jesse...?